UNESCO
 home  contacts   20.09.2019 21:02

Russian

Objects of the World culture heritage

 

The castle complex "Mir" was included to the UNESCO World Heritage List in 2000 as an outstanding example of the Central European castle reflecting important historical events and traditions.

The park zone of the Mir Castle complex had been formed during the long period of time - starting from the 16-th until the beginning of the 20-th century and includes several elements of park art - the Renaissance park, situated on the territory of the former Italian garden to the North of the Castle, the landscape park in the English style to the East and South-East and the pond to the South of the Castle.

The total area of the park is 26 ha.

In the landscape part of the park the chapel with the burial-vault of Sviatopolk-Mirskys and small house of a watchman is situated that is unique peculiarity of eclectic architecture of the early 20-th century.

Address: Korelichi, Minsk region, Belarus

Phone: +375 1596 2-13-24

Director: Anatoly MARKEVICH.

Belоvezhskaya Pushcha is the first in Europe transboundary Polish-Belarusian World Heritage site. With its resolution of 1979, UNESCO put the Polish Bialoweski Park Narodowy on the World Heritage list, and the Belarusian Belovezhskaya Pushcha following suit in 1992, expanding the total protected area to 4,500 ha.

The nature complex "Belоvezhskaya Pushcha" is located on the territory of Belarus and Poland with a total area of 1500 km2.

Its western part belongs to Poland (the area of Bialoweski Park Narodowy is 625 km2), while its eastern part lies in Belarus (protected zone of the State National Park "Belоvezhskaya Pushcha" has an area of 1030 km2, of which 875 km2 is occupied by the park).

Belоvezhskaya Pushcha is part of the International Network of Biosphere Reserves, with the Polish section having been the biosphere reserve since 1977 and the Belarusian part since 1993. In 1997, both SNP "Belovezhskaya Pushcha" and the Bialoweski Park Narodowy were awarded Diplomas of the Council of Europe.

On March 17-18, 2004 the Mission of UNESCO inspected the Belarusian and Polish parts of the Belоvezhskaya Pushcha to estimate conditions of the World nature heritage object "Belovezhskaya Pushcha".

Address: The State National Park "Belovezhskaya Pushcha" Kameniuki village, Brest region

Phone: + 375 1631 5-61-69

Fax: + 375 1631 2-12-83.

E-mail: box@npbprom.belpak.brest.by

Director-General - Nikolai BAMBIZA


Copyright © 2004 - 2016 The National Center of Legal Information of the Republic of Belarus