Main Scientific Directions of the Chair
Development and Research of efficient mechanisms of the management of energy transfer processes, including using a Novel “Smart” Material - Magnetic Electrorheological Fluids (MERF) and Their Applications for Energy Effective Technologies;
Analisis and optimization of the methods and schemes of the thermochemical conversion of biomass.
These research directions include:
- Development and synthesis of magnetic fluids;
- Research of physics properties of magnetic fluids;
- Research of magnet-controlled hydrodynamic and thermal processes in flows of magnetic fluids with free surface;
- Research of dissipative processes in magnetic-fluid systems;
- Development of efficient magnetic-fluid damping systems and shock-absorbers, encapsulators of running rollers, magnetic-fluid measuring systems;
- Solution of problems of thermochemical conversion of biomass with a view to produce fuel for gas turbine engines and carbonic fuel elements.
Main Scientific Developments
- Magnetic fluids on different liquid bases with set characteristics;
- Magnetic-fluid compression;
- Magnetic-fluids dampers;
- Methods of controlling hydrodynamics and thermotransfer with magnetic fields.
The scientific laboratory "Thermomechanics of Magnetic Fluids" was established in 1991.
Scientific manager – doctor of physical and mathematical sciences Viktor Bashtovoi
Head of the laboratory – candidate of physical and mathematical sciences Alexander Rex