Main activities of the Chair:
- humanization of education and the sustainable development of society;
- education in the sphere of sustainable development;
- preservation of biological diversity;
- environmental monitoring;
- environmental management;
- sustainable power engineering;
- social ecology.
Participation in Educational Programs:
“Sustainable Development of the Baltic Region” The program of the Baltic University;
Inter-regional postgraduate course in radiation safety of the International Atomic Energy Agency
Carrying out inter-disciplinary scientific projects in the sphere of environmental education, environmental management and information technologies, as well as environmental monitoring
Organization and supervision of the work of a student’s scientific laboratory, training and management of inter-chair international projects of the University and organization of international inter-disciplinary work meetings, seminars and conferences.
Coverage of the UNESCO activity among the University staff and close partners, in mass media and Internet. Participation in the conferences, symposiums and seminars with the information about ISEU.
- Program of the Baltic University 2004/2005 (Upsala, Sweden);
- University of Applied Sciences, Ecology laboratory in Rawnesburg-Weingarten (Germany);
- Picardy University of Jules Verne (Amien, France);
- Agricultural University (Athens, Greece).